Sunday, September 19, 2010
Sleepy Sunday
Madeline went to Bible class with her cousin Jonah in San Angelo. I had decided last Sunday that she was ready to be left in class without me. I've been leaving her on Wednesday nights and she's done fairly well. I was a little hesitant to leave her but her Aunt Andrea helped get me out the door. We checked on them during the last five minutes of class, and she was still in her seat and happy as a clam. Yay! That meant only one more obstacle...getting through the worship service. Before it even started she decided to debut her new squeal/scream. We don't know where this came from but she decided she liked doing it. Her daddy thought she needed to be taken out before communion so I let him have the honor with the intent to trade off once the sermon started. Well right before I was about to go relieve him, he comes and sits down next to me with a sleeping Madeline in his arms. For those of you who have met Madeline, you know that she never allows herself to miss anything. Her eyes are almost always wide open and her head and neck are moving and stretching all around. She's not one of those kids who can just be bounced or rocked to sleep. She has to either be in her bed or riding in the car. I was so relieved and happy to see she had finally let herself rest. She slept in her daddy's arms up until right at the end. I think his arms were pretty sore, but it was so worth it. She did great the rest of the day and took great naps. She is just growing and changing so quickly.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment