Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

E is for Exercise!!

When I was pregnant with Madeline, I bought a yoga for pregnant ladies DVD.  I think I did it once maybe twice.  I bought it with the best intentions, but I just kept getting bigger and teaching first grade kept getting harder.  When I got home each night, I did well to get my clothes changed and something in the oven before I crashed with my fat feet up on the couch.  Anyway,  that means I went for pretty much a year of my life without running, and I love running, for the most part ;)

Well, my class last year surprised me and gave me the baby jogger I had registered for.  I remember laughing with Scott when I scanned it onto the baby registry saying we'll never get it but might as well try for it, you never know. I couldn't believe my eyes when they wheeled it in.  Then the next day Madeline made her entrance into the world :) A few months passed quickly by, and she's finally big enough to ride in it!!  We started out around our neighborhood.  I'm SO out of shape.  I try to run the straight aways and power walk the corners.  She loves it!

Recently, I found out about a moms group called Stroller Strides.  It's an exercise class you do outside with your baby and stroller.  We went to check it out this morning, and we both enjoyed it a ton.You exercise while singing and playing with your baby.  How great is that?  There's only one problem.  It costs more than we have for us to do it very often, but hopefully with some begging and pleading I can get her daddy to let us go once a week.  It's just so much fun!  I forgot to take a picture of her this morning, but here is a picture of her on the first morning we took her jogger out for a stroll.  She loves facing out and getting to see the world around her.  I don't think she misses a thing with those big blue eyes!

No comments:

Post a Comment