Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, September 20, 2010

The Journey Home




After a morning of being with her aunties and cousins, it was time to say goodbye and start the journey home.  We stopped in  Abilene for supper and to get in a little more time with Mamaw and O'Pa.  She showed her Mamaw how she is learning to sit up and crawl.

Check out my new paci holder!



 After supper, we also stopped in for a really quick visit with her Great Grandma and Grandpa Betts.   It was super quick because it was close to her bedtime and that huge smile of hers was starting to fade.


I am so proud of this little girl.  This was the longest she's ever been away from her home and never really fell apart once, and also thankfully she slept well (of course she always had to thoroughly inspect her new pack in play,you know make a few circles in it, roll over a few times, scratch the sides, find out where the tags were and taste them).  I always get nervous before we leave for a trip because I know her normal routine will have to be put aside for a few days. I worry how she will handle everything, and I just want her to be happy and relaxed.   I actually think abandoning the routine is harder for me than her.  She seems to just go with the flow.   She is rarely without a smile when going to new places and seeing new people.  She is quite the little traveler!!

No comments:

Post a Comment