Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Halloween Hustle

Guess what?



My daddy and I did our first 5K
....with Mommy of course!

Towards the end of the summer, I told myself I was going to run the Halloween Hustle (a race benefiting the hospital in my hometown). Madeline and I had been jog/walking quite a bit through the end of September. Then we both got snotty noses so our training program fell apart. I still wanted to try it though. And surprise, surprise.......

Well, I got my husband to do a 5K with me! Never in my wildest dreams did I think I could accomplish that task. I think I may have tricked him into thinking we'd walk it at a nice gingerly pace. I don't know why he believed me. It's a race & I'm me. I couldn't just walk the whole thing. I started out walking but once I saw all those runners I knew I had to break out of the walking pack and try to catch up a little at least. We were blocked in for quite a while but finally got out. With 1 mile left, I told him my strategy for the rest of the race. He just looked at me and said, "Do what you've got to do." I tried my best to pass as many people as I could, but the finish line was on top of a long, steep hill. I did alright for not even training or even running much in the past month. Oh and did I mention, I pushed Madeline the whole way. So technically, she and her daddy completed their first 5Ks together! I'm really so proud of these two. Scott for doing it with me and Madeline for sleeping for almost the entire race. I just love them so so much!

Here are some other pics of our fun Saturday in Gainesville.


Playing w/ Grandpa


Out to eat at Sarah's


Saying goodbye to Grandma

What a fun time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment