Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

10 months


Happy 10 months baby girl!

Our 10 month old

Things our little lady does at 10 months


  • starts games of peek a boo


Where's Madeline?

Peek a Boo, there she is!


  • cruises around the coffee table


Showing Uncle Delton and Daddy her books

  • loves to dance


HEEELLLOOO!

  • starting to be bashful (She is our daughter!)
  • waves hello and bye bye (right now I think she only associates it with her daddy because he is the main one we practice with each day)
  • says dada all the time

Hi Dada!

  • babbling more and more...we've caught her singing with her toys a couple of times
  • loves her Baby Einstein music player from Uncle Bob (We call it her Baby IPod.)
  • starting to show her mischievous side- looks at us, looks at what she knows she's not allowed to touch,

What...nothing's going on over here.

  • smiles, snorts, and crawls as fast as she can to it

I'm fast as fast can be...you'll never catch me

  • purposefully pushing buttons on her toys
  • studies things close up with her hands and mouth
  • getting so strong- uses her activity table as a walker and bench press
  • saw snow for the 1st time

Not too impressed
New things she's tried and the results..

I first tried stirring hard boiled egg yolks into her oatmeal porridge, and it didn't go so well. She ate about 3/4 of it unwillingly. The next day I tried mashing it up really well and stirring it into her yogurt. She ate it up.

Eggs....

She can now enjoy Super "Protein" Baby Porridge. This means that it's a good idea for me to start adding some kind of bean or legumes to her whole grains. Well in the bins at Sprouts I found split peas and lentils to try. First try was the split peas. It didn't go so well. She made some awful faces and started pushing me away even after I stirred in some applesauce. (I tasted it and it was terrible I think the apple sauce intensified the gross pea flavor.) I gave up and stir up some oatmeal. The next day, I got an idea to stir in a sweet potato cube. It worked and thankfully she ate the other 3 servings.

Yucky split peas

The same thing happened when she tried millet. I thought it tasted pretty good. However, she had a total and complete melt down. Applesauce didn't help this time either. She wouldn't swallow or spit it out.....just scream. Of course when mama goes to pick her up is when she decides she can spit it out. She literally sat there for at least 2 minutes crying with it in her mouth. Anyway, the next day just for kicks I decided to try again with applesauce. She ate it right up.

Little Stinker
Daily Routine

Wakes up and nurses between 7:30 and 8:30
Eats breakfast @ around 9:30 - usually half a banana, cheerios, yogurt w/ a hard boiled egg yolk mashed up and hidden every other day
Reads, plays, exercises, nurses
Morning nap around 11 or 11:30- last for 1-2 hours
Reads, plays, exercises
Lunch around 1:30- porridge, 3 food cubes, juice
Reads, plays, exercises, nurses
Afternoon nap around 4 or 4:30 - lasts for 1-2 hours
Reads, plays, exercises
Snacks while mommy cooks supper (puffs, food cubes, etc)
Supper with Mommy and Daddy -banana, cheerios, water
Reads, plays, exercises, nurses
Oatmeal
Bedtime around 8:30

I think about how naptime has changed for her over these past few months. We used to pat her and shush her to sleep. Then I would nurse her to sleep. Now I bounce her for a little while and put her down. There is a little crying, crawling, pulling up, then she lays down and settles into her nap. If we tried to pat her to sleep now she wouldn't have it nowadays. She nurses four times a day now. The first two times she is calm and focused. The last two times I feel like I'm wrestling a bear. She's all over the place and even when the place is her dark, quiet room (which it is most of the time). Sometimes I just give up and she doesn't even care. I'm starting to think she's weening herself.

She is still such a wonderful baby. Everytime we go anywhere or get off her schedule she does so well. She's gotten better with napping at her grandparents houses. Although she is a kind of light sleeper, she does well when we're with cousins or the construction crews are working outside her window. (We're afraid we might have to play tejano music and construction sounds once the house behind us is finished.) She's definitely a go with the flow baby, and we're so so thankful.

Only 2 months left until her 1st birthday. Where has the time gone?

No comments:

Post a Comment