Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Super Baby Porridge



Well, we finally found something the girl refuses to eat.  Saturday, I tried making Super Porridge from brown rice.  I was really afraid the food processor was going to explode while trying to grind up the rice so I kept stopping it.  I guess since that took so long a lot of the water I was boiling evaporated.  Needless to say the rice was a bit crunchy.  So I tossed that.

Madeline loves the store bought oat meal so I decided I would try making Super Porridge from the rolled oats.  They were much easier to grind.  I used a smaller pot and everything went great until it was time for her to actually eat it.  She made the worst face ever, put her hand up and batted the spoon away.  She had NEVER done that before. Of course, I was devastated I had spent all this time and effort into making it.  My kitchen was a disaster and I had two big bowls of porridge my baby would not eat.  I put the one she hadn't eaten in the fridge thinking we'd give it another try later and threw the other one out.

  


   

and you've already seen what happened next :(

Sunday we rested and ate jarred baby food.

Monday I tried again.  This time I got an idea.  I reheated it in the microwave, but I didn't like the consistency and it had some hot spots.  SO I got some applesauce and put in a spoonful.  It solved all my problems.  Good consistency, cooled the hot spot, and ta da got Madeline to eat it!!! YAY!!!

attempt 2
Not again!! 
Here goes nothin'
I love it!  I love it!
Yummy food is all gone!

Each day this week, her noon meal has been Super Porridge made from rolled oats along with two of the veggie cubes I made and froze last week.  I make a fresh batch of porridge every other day.  I grind up the oats while she's having her breakfast and cook it up during her morning nap.  I still have some brown rice and millet to try later, but I think we'll stick with the oats for now.

She also got to enjoy yogurt for the first time this week.  She loves it.  It's yobaby peach.


I heart yogurt!
 Hopefully, all this work will pay off.  Now that I have lots of food cubes stored and know she'll eat the oatmeal.  I think I will slowly but surely get the Super Baby Food diet going with my little lady.

All this healthy food gives me strong muscles!

No comments:

Post a Comment