Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 17, 2011

16 months

Our VERY busy 16 month old

This is my weakest monthly update.  I know there are probably a lot of things I've left off the list but oh well.  She's doing great and seems to be getting smarter everyday. She is one of the happiest and healthiest kids I know and that's what really matters.

waving
blowing kisses
blows her noses (by herself)
starting to use silverware
having tons of mini meltdowns
wants everything she cannot have
playing more independently
loves swimming
transitioning to 2 naps- still mostly does 2 but can make it on 1
protesting much more about naptime- really tries mommy's patients @ times
loves standing in front of the frig looking at all the goodies
knows it takes 2 remotes to play her DVDs- we are currently taking a break from watching DVDs
I must confess I let her watch some of the beginning of the Ellen show. It comes on right before naptime and if she's starting to meltdown the music and applause are very calming to her. It is so funny to watch her watch it. When the audience claps she starts clapping and smiling.
Fistbumps and Hollas
showing signs of talking again- On the rare occasion she will says what you ask her but for the most part it has to be her idea. The one word she will always say on command is DAD. Other words she can say when willing duck, cheese, mama, pup, light
loves pretending to talk on the phone...gets all shy is there is actually someone on the other end
loves be read to but has to pick out which books
loves going to the park and playing on playground
wants to be so independent already
super stubborn
usually always has a plan and is very determined to follow it through
loves puppy dogs (much to my dismay...I'm not a dog person at all.)
loves playing with Mason and Zoe but Zoe is definitely her BFF right now
her golf clubs are her fav toy right now especially her yellow putter, has decided the green driver is mama's and the blue iron is daddy's (those are different golf clubs for you nongolfers out there) She likes to hand them out
showing more of her silly side
loves peek a boo and sneaking up on you
playing with her little animal and little people toys...she actually makes them walk around and stuff
loves girl things like shoes, jewelry, brushing her hair
loves her blankies
just got a new lovey...her Ladybug mini pillow pet (hugs and kisses her all the time)
Oh and I almost forgot, her greatest accomplishment this month....
She can totally blow her own nose and loves doing so.  (No sucking the snot back up like a lot of little ones.)
And she can correctly identify her soccer, golf, and red ball when asked.

That is all I can think of, but I know there's more.

At her 15 month appointment the doctor said to expect more meltdowns and tantrums and boy was he right. If she doesn't get her way, she throws herself down on both knees. Usually, it only takes a quick distraction to get over. She's definitely a smart cookie and has been testing her boundaries. So we've been having to stand firm and stay cool, calm, and collected. Daddy is much better at this than Mama, but we all knew that already.

Checking on her flowers

Helping fold the laundry

Posing

Saying bye to O'Pa

Watching the Mavs parade
(for like 5 seconds)

Cutest golfer I know

Happy Father's Day

On the phone

Wishing it wasn't 104 outside

Being sneaky

Putting practice w/ Papa

Blowing her nose
(the red mark is a result of falling on top of the ark)

Love the side pony

The Princess and her putter

Learning to use the rolling pin

Sleepy head

Reading
 
Swiping Mr. Potato Head's glasses

for herself!






Ladybug Love

Watching the last shuttle launch

Wanted one last ride

Loves playing with boxes
 
Showing us her soccer ball.

I've noticed several of theses pictures have the tv on in the background.  Honestly, we rarely have it one, but I guess several newsworthy things happened this month that we tuned in to watch.   Also, please excuse my cluttered living room.  It does get straightened each night after she has gone to bed ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment