This is not a normal monthly update. We have been going through some dark days I guess you would say, but we are slowly getting through it all. Thankfully, Madeline is doing well, but as she marked her 15th month we struggled and still are struggling a bit. June 8th my Aunt Ruth passed from this life at the age of 99, two months away from 100. June 11th (Madeline's 15th month bday) was the funeral. She was a doll, and I mean a perfect angel at the funeral, etc. My Aunt Susan and Uncle Phil were kind enough to watch her. To make things even more difficult Scott came down w/ strep throat and Grandmother went into the hospital on the Friday evening before hand. Then by Sunday, I had come down with strep also. Madeline has been having gunky eyes and nose and a yucky cough since last Sunday. We are in a bad place right now. Madeline's not getting the attention she needs and her mother is quite emotional. Honestly, Saturday I didn't think I could do it all. I just felt so sad and alone getting to the funeral with her by myself. Sunday I felt so terrible I could barely get out of bed. Thank goodness her daddy was starting to feel better. It's a week later, and we're still dragging. I'm hoping in a week we'll be back to normal, but right now it's tough.
I know I need to get this post done before I forget what this girl has been up to.
Well, she's walking, running practically everywhere.
She definitely has an independent streak to her.
She loves standing and looking out the window into the backyard.
She loves looking at our flowers.
Still loves reading but prefers looking on her own more than being read to lately.
Loves putting things into containers and taking them out.
Can identify tons of things, animals, etc.
Has decided to stop using a lot of the words she was previously. Still says Mama, Dad, cheese and yes.
If I ask her to say a word, she gets a little smirk on her face and kind of shakes her head.
If I ask her to say a word, she gets a little smirk on her face and kind of shakes her head.
Knows so much and takes excellent direction.
Loves prissing around the kitchen and standing in front of frig w/ door open.
When asked if she's hungry, she walks to kitchen if she is.
When asked if she's tired and needs to go night, night, she walks to her room.
When told we're going to change her diapers, she walks to her room and can get a diaper for us.
Puts clothes in hamper when asked.
Loves taking baths, throwing washcloth in tub, and getting wrapped up in her big girl towel.
Insists on eating what mommy and daddy are eating. Has gone through a few picky periods, but nothing too bad.
Loves to dust and wipe up. Uses whatever she can find (laundry, washcloths, dryer sheets, etc.). Can use a Swiffer duster like no other 15 month old I've ever seen.
Imitates our actions and sounds. (much to my dismay at times)
Is so determined to get things just perfect. Examples: putting cup in cupholder or on coaster and putting baby into stroller. She keeps trying and practicing. When she gets is just right, she gives herself a round of applause.
Loves to clap for herself and others.
Loves waving hello and goodbye.
Blows kisses. She had done this earlier but abandoned it for few months and has now picked it back up.
Loves her tea pot and cups and Noah's Ark.
Plays and loves on her baby dolls more and more.
Loves putting things in and taking things out. Puts cheerios on spoon. I attempted to color with her one day, but all she wanted to do was put the crayons back in the box and then shake it til they fell back out and repeat. Still playing with her easter eggs and basket.
We've started doing some puzzles together. She seems to get it most days, but isn't too interested.
Will go to her stash of books and "reads" independently. We love watching her do this.
Loves seeing that cute little girl in the mirror. She cheesy smiles at her all the time.
When she's been caught doing a no, no(eating paper or carpet fuzz) she takes off running to hide in the hallway.
Is just the sweetest baby. Gives the best hugs and kisses sometimes without us even requesting them.
Still takes 2 good naps usually around 11 and 4. Sleeps from 8:00 or 8:30 til 7:30 or 8:00.
It could just be me and the fact that I'm her mom and think that she's totally amazing, but she seems to be a really what I like to call "with it" kid. She knows what's up and rarely misses a thing.
15 month Stats
Weight: 21 lbs. 4 oz. (25%)
Height: 29 in. ( 25%)
And the picture roll..
And the picture roll..
| 1st Rangers Game |
| Ready for Bible class |
| Too cool for school |
| Busy texting |
| Let's go Mama! |
| Reading her Bible |
| 1st wedding |
| Loves to moisturize |
| Blowing up her pool (not really, just imitating mommy) |
| Loves to read Cries when she gets to the end |
| Loves her new pool |
| Pretty sure she's plotting something |
| Taking Hedgie for a ride |
| Hey Hollywood! |
| Learning about soccer |
| Pulling the choo choo train |
| Serious discussion w/ Uncle Dave |
| Heading out for a swim w/ Zoe |
| Home from church |
| Showing off Loggie the Turtle |
| Let's talk |
| Such a sweetie! |

No comments:
Post a Comment