Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, April 10, 2011

And here it is

Little Angel just doesn't want to let go of her Daddy.

I knew this day would come, but was hoping she was just such a good and happy child that it would skip her. The separation anxiety phase. Last Sunday, we go to put her in her seat at Bible class and she goes nuts, straightens legs, and clings on tight to Dada. Well, being the wonderful mother I am, I grabbed those legs, pulled her in her chair, stuck the paci in and left. Being a teacher, I knew that's what I had to do like it or not. I did stand outside the door until she calmed herself. It didn't even take 5 minutes. Once they started singing and passed out some puffs she was fine. She was all smiles waving goodbye to everyone when we went to pick her up. Yesterday, she did the same thing...red face, screaming, tears. My reaction was the same, and she recovered even more quickly than last time. Hopefully, this will only last a short time. She'd had a rough week of teething. She'd just not been herself at all...not wanting to eat much, either sleeping too little or way long, clingy (even when we put her in her high chair, she'd freak out and cling on tight, unless bribed with food). I'm just telling myself...this too shall pass.

Update as of May 10th

This past Sunday there were no tears maybe the slightest little wimper but that's it.  Also she never cried on Wednesday so hopefully she's over it.

No comments:

Post a Comment