Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, May 21, 2011

14 months

14 months

Well, she turned 14 months 10 days ago, and I've just been putting off writing this post. So here goes.

Walking

She decided a week after Easter when she got the stomach bug that she could walk by herself no problem. Pretty much all she wants to do is walk all around the house. After having to keep up w/ her on Mother's Day, her daddy came up with a helpful solution. He blocked off the entry way separating the kitchen from the living room and removed the door stopper in the hallway. Now she can fairly safely walk around without having to be chased. She loves carrying her easter basket all around. Of course, she takes the occaisonal fall, but she seems to enjoy putting her eggs back in her basket. She has abandoned her stroller and dinosaur and prefers to walk totally unassisted. There are a few precious moments where she wants to hold both of our hands. It makes us feel so special.


Language

She is talking up a storm. Sometimes we can understand her and sometimes we can't. She can for sure say dad, dog, cat, yes, duck, quack, bug, pig. She attempts many other words. She of course understands much more than she can actually say. She loves to just play in her bed, but she has to have an audience. She loves peek a boo. It's a sure way to get a smile. She loves being outside and visiting the puppy who lives behind us. She points and says "dat" or "dog"

She can identify several body parts: head, hair, eyes, ears, mouth, nose, teeth, tongues, fingers, toes, tummy, and belly button. I taught her to close the lid on her sippy cups if she is done. She can point to several different animals correctly most of the time: lady bug, butterfly, flower, pig, cow, frog, turtle, sheep, cat, and dog. She still loves her books. She loves her Bibles. She has a little New Testament and a children's Bible. If you ask her to go get her Bible she will grab one of the two. She likes to pat them, love them(puts it up next to her cheek), and turn the pages.
She definitely is understanding more of what we say. If we ask her to wave at someone she does. She's quite good at following our commands and can be a good helper at times.

Eating
She has gone through stages of not being interested in eating. I think teething had a lot to do with it. I went back to making her porridge and food cubes just so I would know she was getting a balanced diet. If I sing or put music on, I can usually get something down her. Sweet potato cubes in yogurt, porridge, or spread on bread are her favorite, and she hasn't lost her love for bananas or cheese. She was eating peas and cottage cheese quite often but now refuses it. In my baby food book it suggest making Super Sandwiches. I think the average person would think they sounded super gross, but I decided to give them a try. First, she had sweet potatoes and cheddar cheese on wheat. It was a winner. Then bananas, cream cheese, w/ some wheat germ sprinkled on top. Again a winner. I decided to try and add in a little broccoli to the sweet potato sandwich and she ate it up. I was really happy because I had been struggling to get any green veggies down her. The only meats she has liked are ham and Italian turkey meatloaf. Therefore, she is still getting lentils in her porridge and a boiled egg every other day in her yogurt. I also stopped buying the YoBaby because honestly it's pretty expensive. Now I buy a large carton of organic whole milk yogurt and mix it w/ a veggie cube and different flavors of applesauce. I still try and give her as much organic food as our budget will allow. I feel very strongly about her having organic/ hormone free dairy, eggs, and meats and any fruits and veggies I can find on sale.

I weighed her on Mother's Day weekend and she was about 21 lbs. She seems very healthy and happy so I'm just gonna keep doing what I'm doing.

Napping/ Misc.
Pushing buttons is also a fav of hers. She loves anything musical and she can always bop to the beat. She is such a good dancer. We listen to Raffi on Pandora a lot. She is starting to play w/ her little people toys more. She is still the best sleeper (usually from about 8 to 8). She usually always takes a good morning nap (1.5 to 2 hours) and most days a good afternoon nap but sometimes not. I used to really stress if she would go to sleep in the afternoons. Then I realized life went on and was fine. She didn't have any kind of break down or fit. She just got fussier sooner and went to bed for the night a little earlier. No Big Deal. So now we don't even try on Sunday afternoons, and guess what she's totally fine. She missed them on some Saturdays because of where we were and guess what she was fine. No Big Deal. Life went on and was fine.
She finally showed some signs of separation anxiety this month, but got over it after 2 or 3 weeks. She still loves seeing people and waving when we are out and about running errands. She moved from her ducky tub to the big tub. This happen when I bathed her at 5 am when she had the stomach bug. She has loved it and hasn't tried crawling around like the first time we tried.
She's grown, changed, and matured so much this past month. She is not our little baby any more, but our little toddler. Every time we see that little smiling little face we are reminded of just how blessed we are each and everyday.

And here are the pictures

The princess and her peas

too cute

playing with Zoe and Mason

1st pancake

pretty in pink

pouty but pretty

spaghetti


testing out her new seat

riding in her new seat

naps wreck havoc on her do

but she can fix it

deep thoughts

Happy Easter!

Having sweet dreams

Finally made it to the big kid table

Smiling w/ Great Grandma



Lovin on her soccer ball

Loves her Bible too

"I've got this mom."

Tea before Bible class

Can show you her tongue









No comments:

Post a Comment