 |
| Santa and Miss Madeline |
We got up early the Saturday before Christmas to beat the crowds to the mall and get Madeline's picture taken with Santa. Yes, her parents are total procrastinators who should have done it sooner but it all worked out for the best in the end. I was determined we would get to the mall before 10 and we did. I waited to get her dressed in her Christmas attire until we got there. I thought this would avoid any spit up problems. After getting her dressed, I saw some grandparents with their grandkids all dressed up and knew they must be heading for the same place as us. So I quickly rushed to keep up with them and as luck would have it they led us right to Santa. I'm sure we looked nutty speeding through Macy's but I had no idea where Santa might be. Thank goodness the line was short...only 3 or 4 people ahead of us. The was a children's singing group performing close by which was super loud and it kind of weirded her out. Her daddy and I were getting so excited as we waited in line. It's so silly but we hadn't felt that excited about Santa in years and it was so much fun. I was a little nervous to sit her in Santa's lap but I had confidence that my girl would do fine and she did! Her eyes got really big and she would turn and look up at him and then back at us. She did start to whimper as I was going to pick her up, but not one tear was shed so I think it was a success!! We can't wait to see what next year has in store for us :)
 |
Where are we? (waiting in line) |
 |
| After picture snack |
No comments:
Post a Comment