Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 20, 2011

12 months = 1 year

Note:  I wrote this post shortly following her 1st birthday, but I didn't put the pictures in until July.  I was lazy and put them all in a row at the bottom. So feel free to skip the text and scroll on down to the good stuff!  



Where did the time go? We have a 1 year, a toddler if you will. She is growing and changing so fast it's hard to keep up. Here are her one year stats

Weight: 19 lbs. 14.8 oz.
Height: 29 in.

She's really shot up and is never still for a second so I guess that's why she's gotten a little skinny. Do you remember what she looked like at around 6 months...a roly poly, butterball...that's what. And thank goodness for that I guess because she'd be super skinny if she hadn't had all that extra cushioning. She has always been a good eater. I was surprised she didn't weigh over 20 lbs. though.

Things she does at 12 months.

  • babbling and pointing at things nonstop
  • eating meat..kind of...sometimes...I don't mind if she's a vegetarian for life to be honest
  • I think I've put this on the past three months- getting into everything!!!
  • no longer wants to be in the jumperoo but still occasionally crawls over and plays with it
  • decided a couple of days before her birthday she no longer wanted to wear bows in her hair
  • loves pulling her socks off, especially in the car and at naptime
  • started throwing food off the side of her tray (we are working on solving this problem)
  • still loves cottage cheese
  • loves being outside and swinging at the park
  • only wants to hold onto one hand while walking
  • becoming more cuddly- puts head on shoulder more often
  • loves being read to after she wakes up from her naps (This is the best time because she will actually sit still through several books.) She loves her nursery rhyme books from Grandpa and Grandma Betts. They are just her size :)
  • Likes to see how many books she can hold in her little hands at one time.
  • Getting better at playing with toys instead of going from on thing to the next all the time
  • Hair is starting to wave or curl in the back
  • Is camera shy- as soon as she sees the camera the head goes down/ no eye contact
  • Getting better at putting shapes in sorter...however, she gets really frustrated at herself it she can't get it just right...hmmm I wonder who she gets that from ;)
  • Favorite book is still The Ten Little Ladybugs hence the decor for her party
  • Likes having tea parties (She's even really good at pretending to drink out of the little cups.)
  • Had her first Daddy/Daughter weekend without Mommy and survived!! She has such a great Daddy!
  • Kinda learning how to play with other kids..although she much prefers the adults. I guess because they tell her how wonderful she is all the time ;)
  • Still has yet to show separation anxiety
It seems like things are really starting to click these days. She's really trying to say more words and understanding/remembering things we tell her.

And here's the best part...pictures from the month
Finally getting some hair
Happy Birthday Papa!
Helping Papa read his cards
That one was a hoot, Papa!

And Happy Birthday Great Granny!


Visiting her Valentine

Gaming with Daddy
Bathing Beauty





Napping with Violet

Reading a Valentine she got from Heidi & Jonah







Reading about those ladybugs again

Ready for Bible class

Having tea with Daddy
(actually his pic on mom's phone)

Golf balls!
The following pictures are from the weekend she spent w/ her Daddy, Mamaw, O'Pa, and Alyssa while the moms went to San Antonio.  Thank you Uncle Delton!!

I'm sure there's a smile behind the paci!

Say what?

Happy Girl!

Night, Night kiss for O'Pa


Maybe missing Mommy??

So over it

Excited to go to CBC

Saying Bye Bye to her weekend buddy
From those pictures, you can tell she had a really rough time without me, ha, ha ;)  I really am glad I got a little break, and I think her daddy enjoyed getting to spend time with her.

Last few pics from the month

Blurry but cute

Loves her Swiffer

With Grandma on her Bday

No comments:

Post a Comment